Donald Trump and Robert F. Kennedy Junior to Ban Covid-19 Vaccine ‘Within Months’

My local VA can’t find the COVID vaccine. To my surprise, neither can CVS. Or at least it doesn’t currently have any.

Now the rumor is that RFK, Jr. plans to ban the COVID vaccine within months.

I hate this timeline.

The Trump administration will move to pull the COVID vaccine off the U.S. market “within months,” one of Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s closest associates has told the Daily Beast.

Dr. Aseem Malhotra, a British cardiologist who has repeatedly claimed in the face of scientific consensus that the vaccines are more dangerous than the virus, told the Daily Beast that Kennedy’s stance is shared by “influential” members of President Donald Trump’s family. Like Kennedy himself, no Trumps hold any scientific qualifications.Malhotra is a leading adviser to the controversial lobby group Make America Healthy Again (MAHA) Action, which is seen as an external arm of Kennedy’s agenda as Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary.

He told the Beast that many of those closest to RFK Jr. have told him they “cannot understand” why the vaccine continues to be prescribed, and that a decision to remove the vaccine from the U.S. market pending further research will come “within months,” even if it is likely to cause “fear of chaos” and bring with it major legal ramifications.

Source: Donald Trump and Robert F. Kennedy Junior to Ban Covid-19 Vaccine ‘Within Months’

Trying to find a COVID booster shot

Kelly and I are traveling in a few weeks so we both decided it made sense to get a COVID booster shot. COVID cases are ramping up again, with some cities reporting infections are reaching levels they usually do in February, which is concerning for late summer.

Kelly got a shot on Sunday and it absolutely leveled her for Monday. She slept until 5 PM, with fatigue, chills, fever, nausea, joint pain: all the typical COVID symptoms which apparently can sometimes manifest from the vaccine.

I am not looking forward to being similarly knocked out, though my previous COVID shots affected me very little. So I reached out to the Durham VA and asked if I could get a walk-in shot.

The nurse responded a few days ago and suggested I make an appointment to be sure that the vaccine brand I wanted was in stock. She later reached back out and said that neither the Moderna nor the Pfizer version are in stock and she would have to figure out when they might come in.

This is … concerning … as Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. is doing his damnedest to destroy our healthcare system and get us all killed. If we’re at February levels of COVID right now, imagine where we will be in the winter when more interactions take place indoors?

I am really glad I work from home right now.

I still remember the efficient operation the VA undertook to vaccinate veterans and their caregivers in 2021. It is a stunning contrast.

‘Major loss of face’: China experts weigh in on ‘news blackout’ of Scarborough collision | INQUIRER.net

Any hopes that China would dial back its aggressive behavior in the Philippine Sea are unrealistic, according to some experts.

MANILA, Philippines — Apart from releasing “boilerplate” statements, the Chinese government has yet to announce any casualties in last week’s collision of its ships off Scarborough (Panatag) Shoal.

This was despite the Philippine Coast Guard’s (PCG) report that four China Coast Guard crewmen were thrown overboard by the collision of a CCG vessel with a warship of the People’s Liberation Army-Navy (PLA-N).

Even the collision itself was not mentioned in the People’s Republic of China’s (PRC) official statements.Unlike the relatively usual water cannon and ramming incidents, the news about the extraordinary collision was widely picked up by international media, even in Taiwan.

Taiwan-based Chinese foreign policy expert Titus Chen noted that mainstream and independent media in the self-ruled democratic island have also covered the event “quite extensively.”

Source: ‘Major loss of face’: China experts weigh in on ‘news blackout’ of Scarborough collision | INQUIRER.net

Even if you can’t trust the data, these 13 warning signs will tell you the economy is in trouble | Fortune

Earlier this month, the Bureau of Labor Statistics job report was released, showing an anemic job market. President PoopyPants, unhappy with numbers deemed by nearly everyone to be accurate, of course pitched a fit and fired the head of BLS.

This won’t fix the problem, obviously, and now no one can trust any numbers anywhere, which breeds uncertainty which breeds caution which grinds the economy to a halt. Now I’m really wondering just how bad a cliff we’re now hurtling torwards which no one apparently in the driver’s seat. My hunch is it may be bad with a capital B.

For decades, statistics that came directly from the U.S. government, especially from agencies like the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), have long been the gold standard for measuring the health of the American economy. But this trust has been shaken by recent events, including substantial downward revisions to jobs data, bruising political accusations, and the unceremonious dismissal of Erika McEntarfer, the BLS’s top official, at the beginning of the month. The resulting uncertainty has left many Americans asking: If official government data can’t be trusted, how can you know if the economy is struggling?

Source: Even if you can’t trust the data, these 13 warning signs will tell you the economy is in trouble | Fortune

Chinese Destroyer Rips Bow Off Chinese Coast Guard Cutter During Intense Harassing Maneuvers

I feel sorry for the Chinese sailors on the forecastle who were apparently injured or killed. That said, the Chinese have been playing a dangerous game and lost. Their riskiness was bound to backfire on them.

For the past several years, Chinese Navy and Coast Guard ships have been harassing Philippine ships in the disputed waters of Scarborough Shoal, a hotly contested grouping of islets and reefs that lie in the northeastern end of the South China Sea. On Monday, these aggressive actions caught up with Beijing when one of its Navy guided missile destroyers collided with one of its Coast Guard cutters, likely rendering the cutter at least temporarily unseaworthy.

The badly damaged vessel had been chasing the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) cutter BRP Suluan on a resupply mission in the shoal at the time. The collision came during a period of particularly heightened geopolitical friction between China and the Philippines, primarily over Beijing’s widely rejected claims to virtually all of the South China Sea.

Source: Chinese Destroyer Rips Bow Off Chinese Coast Guard Cutter During Intense Harassing Maneuvers

Can North Carolina Bring Back Passenger Rail?

On the station platform in Selma, a dozen passengers line up to board the 1:11 p.m. Palmetto, the daily northbound train that runs from Savannah, Georgia, to New York City. As it whistles into the station, passengers gather at the entrances for the coach and business class cars. The stop is quick–passengers unload, and new riders file on board, heading off to graduations or vacations on this rainy June day.

It seems almost like the old days, when railways connected many more cities across the country. Those days could be coming back in North Carolina as the Federal Railroad Administration evaluates new routes in the region, including high-speed rail between Richmond, Virginia, and Raleigh, and lines connecting the eastern and western ends of the state. It’s part of a national effort looking at potential routes on 69 corridors in 44 states.

Source: Can North Carolina Bring Back Passenger Rail?

VIDEO: Chinese Warship, Cutter Collide in South China Sea – USNI News

When my battle group transited the South China Sea back in the early 1990s, the only Chinese reaction was a surveillance flight from two Chinese YAK-derivative aircraft. The Chinese military has become more foolish and aggressive since then and mistakes like this one are bound to not be the last.

A Chinese cutter and guided-missile destroyer collided with each other in the South China Sea on Monday during a botched blockade attempt of Philippine Coast Guard vessels ten nautical miles off Scarborough Shoal in one of the most severe incidents among Chinese forces to date.

Just before the incident, Philippine Coast Guard patrol vessels responded to reports of harassment and “hazardous maneuvers” against Philippine fishing vessels around the contested maritime feature, according to a statement from Philippine Coast Guard spokesperson Commodore Jay Tarriela. BRP Teresa Magbanua (MRRV-9701) and BRP Suluan (MRRV-4406) escorted fishing carrier MV Pamamalakaya and 35 local fishing vessels in support of Manila’s Kadiwa Operation, a Philippine government-led initiative designed to support and empower fishing communities in the country’s western exclusive economic zone.

Chinese forces failed to water cannon Suluan after Philippine sailors maneuvered away, according to the press release. China Coast Guard cutter 3104, one of several former People’s Liberation Army Navy 056-class corvettes transferred to China’s maritime law enforcement agency, proceeded to chase the Philippine vessel alongside the PLAN 052D-class guided-missile destroyer Guilin (164) in what Tarriela described as a “risky” maneuver.

Source: VIDEO: Chinese Warship, Cutter Collide in South China Sea – USNI News

What happens if Trump starts ignoring court rulings? We break it down | KUNC

In less than a month in office, President Trump has signed dozens of executive orders that are now facing pushback in the courts.Many are wondering: What happens if he simply ignores them?Law professors who spoke to NPR saw warning signs of a constitutional crisis based on a recent court order and comments from the vice president over the weekend.

Source: What happens if Trump starts ignoring court rulings? We break it down | KUNC

The Wiretap: Kamala Harris’ Campaign Staff Suspected iPhones Had Been Hacked. Apple Declined To Give Them The Help They Wanted.

In late October, a week before the presidential election, Kamala Harris’ cybersecurity team called Apple looking for help. A spyware detection tool had flagged anomalies on two iPhones belonging to senior members of the vice president’s team, and staff were worried the devices had been hacked.

The Harris team’s ask was a simple one, sources familiar with the incident told Forbes. It wanted Apple to extract a “raw image” copy of the operating system from one of the devices to better assess what had happened to it.

Though the phone’s owner had consented to its examination, Apple declined to provide the image, sources said. The company did offer to provide iCloud backup information and some telemetry data linked to the device, but neither were of interest to the Harris campaign, which did not press the issue over fears of the issue becoming politicized. The phone continues to be investigated by iVerify, the company whose spyware detection tool first flagged the issues. Both Apple and the Harris campaign declined to comment on the matter. The FBI, which had been investigating the matter, declined to comment.

Source: The Wiretap: Kamala Harris’ Campaign Staff Suspected iPhones Had Been Hacked. Apple Declined To Give Them The Help They Wanted.