I’ve been resigned lately to having my Myth Frontend not keep pace on playing back HDTV content. My theory has been that the laptop PC I’ve set up for this task is just not peppy enough.
Well, today the kids were watching the latest NOVA episode and I noticed that the every-two-second blip seemed to sometimes stop for 10 or more seconds at a time. The content, however, seemed to be just as intense as before. This seemed to tell me that the frontend hardware is capable of keeping up with the HD stream but something else is keeping it from doing so.
I’ll have to investigate all the little performance tweaks for the frontend to see what might be the magic step.